Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The clock is ticking...

In about 48 hours we should be heading out onto the back 9 of round 2 at Loomis Trail. Some guys will be completely dead drunk by this time. I don't expect to be one of them, but I assure you that I will have downed plenty of cheap American beer by that point.

Cart golf is always a blast. If it is a gas cart it is even more fun if you know how to "tee the governor"... I know guys that have literally done 50 kms/hr in a gas cart. The thing hauls ass!! I've only ever seen two major cart accidents in my golfing career. One was when a buddy basically pulled a "ghost ride" and let it fly straight into a pond!

Not to be confused with this.

Disclaimer: if you get in an accident: don't blame me!

The second time I was actually in the passengers seat. We were flying down this hill and the driver took a quick turn to avoid another cart when we crashed into a curb instead. He broke the axle on the cart and had to cough up $600. I think his name rhymes with "Fallen Barns"... he's expecting twins and couldn't make the trip this year... and now that I think about it - he probably is screwed for the next 18 trips! Sorry buds!

If I could just find a Hawaiian shirt I would look like this guy.

How did he get away with it! Girls nowadays just find mustaches creepy (so I'm told).

I really wish I could rock a mustache all day every day... but this weekend will have to do for now.

So pumped!!! Who's with me!!???

No comments:

Post a Comment